
Hi guys! Well I finally made it! A few weeks ago, Hannah sent me over to her cousin Kevin's house to go on a long trip, but she didn't tell me where we were going! When I got in, Kevin told me his surprise, we were going to travel to New Zealand! I was so excited, but I didn't know a whole lot about this place, so I grabbed a few books and started to read about it. I found out that New Zealand is a country made of two islands near Australia. (That means we were in for a long flight!) I also learned a few fun facts. The people who live on the islands are called Kiwis, named after the bird, and some of the people who have lived on the islands a long, long time have a special name for New Zealand. They call it "Aotearoa." (That's a mouthful!) That name means "The Land of the Long White Clouds", but New Zealand is a lot easier to say! Okay, well I have to go get packed up! Once we get into Auckland, the city we are going to live in, we have to get ready for another trip! Kevin and I are going to Coromandel next weekend, and that means we are going to the beach! I'll have to remember to bring my sunscreen! I'll keep you guys posted, Kia Ora! (That means "good health"!)
-Stanley
1 comment:
Hi Stanley,
Glad you made it safe and sound.
Take good care of Kevin.
Can't wait to read more about your adventures.
Love,
Kevin's Mom
Post a Comment