Friday, April 25, 2008

The South Island!

Hey Everyone!! Stanley here again, and boy have I been busy! I went on a tour of the South Island with Kevin and some of our friends. Let me show you some pictures!
First we flew out of Auckland into Christchurch on the South Island and we started driving west. On the way we found some beautiful, snow-covered mountains!













We had a little time, so I climbed up one!





















Just kidding! Ha, ha, these mountains were too big for me! We kept driving and camping all around the country. One day we went to Queenstown, which is where everyone goes to bungee jump and sky dive. A lot of people come to New Zealand to do some pretty extreme things!




















On our travels we stopped by a really cool river! The water was really really cold. A lot of the water in the rivers and lakes came from glaciers, great big old blocks of ice in the mountains! Here's Rich, one of my new friends, and I by one of the rivers!
















Look at those clouds!!!


















Here's Kevin and me!














Another really cool spot off point was a petrified forest! A long time ago, this place used to have a whole lot of trees, but a volcano erupted and they all got covered in lava! You can see all the little bumps used to be trees!























We had a great trip!














Hope everyone's doing well! I'll make sure to keep you guys updated!!
Kia Ora!
Stanley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish we were there.
Looks like you guys had a blast.
Love you
Mom and Dad